I don't recognize it, unless it's a dressed up 606 cab.
Enjoying Altec Speakers since 1972
I don't recognize it, unless it's a dressed up 606 cab.
Dims are closest to an 820's shell which has been used as a simple corner reflex when a HF horn is used, though never seen a factory model number, so assume the ones I've seen were special order, but exposed hardware through the grills scream DIY, so short of proper manufacturing docs, it's just a well done DIY effort to me with no collectible value.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Not only that but the only true Altec item I see in the pictures is an attenuator knob. He won't garner a very fair bid with out showing the actual merchandise.
IMO, the cabinets are modified or custom build version Jensen/Brociner corner horns.
Precisely, referring to the working drawings, not the first photo.Something like this ?
Some of the Brociner branded cabinets are much closer in terms of cosmetics.
AHHHHH but a significant difference. Those are based on , and perhaps even licensed under a PWK patent for the fully front loaded K horn. The jensen is actually a back loaded design. Very similar in appearance, less so in function.Here is a Brociner Klipsch...
If you really want a premium K-horn, check out the Vitavox licensee of the K.
Bookmarks